LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ —
- As collaboration celebrates one-year anniversary, MyEnergi Lifestyle® is showing how homeowners can save money on appliances and fuel through energy-efficient living
- MyEnergi Lifestyle partners announce plans to introduce a home battery storage component that enables homeowners to store their own energy and further save money
- Battery storage will help homeowners improve their energy footprint by optimizing when energy is used, and provide power for their home during outages
- More than $1,200 saved in annual fuel costs with their C-MAX Energi
- Expect to save more than $300 annually from their new solar panel system; the system offsets more than 70 percent of the energy used in their home
- More than 25 percent reduction in energy costs and CO2 due to the installation of their new energy-efficient Whirlpool refrigerator
- More than $1,200 saved in annual fuel costs with their C-MAX Energi; expect to save an additional $95 per year by charging their C-MAX Energi during off-peak hours
- Expect to save $135 per year with their new energy-efficient Whirlpool freezer
- The Sattlers expect increased efficiencies once their solar panel system is activated
One year after its introduction, Ford Motor Company’s novel MyEnergi Lifestyle® is showing how homeowners can save money on appliances and fuel through energy-efficient living. Now, MyEnergi Lifestyle 2.0 looks to raise the savings by helping homeowners store their own energy.
MyEnergi Lifestyle, a Ford Motor Company collaboration with Eaton, Infineon, SunPower and Whirlpool, retrofitted the homes of two families with energy-efficient appliances and solar panels, as well as a Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicle. The program set out to demonstrate how a typical American family can significantly lower its electricity costs while limiting its impact on the environment.
In addition to using home renewables, smart charging and smart appliances, Ford is announcing at the 2014 International CES that MyEnergi Lifestyle 2.0 will demonstrate the benefits of integrating additional tools, such as the ability to store energy within the home after it is captured by solar panels. Customers will have more ways to optimize their energy use, and power they can tap to keep their homes running during outages. Ford is demonstrating an energy storage system from Sharp at CES as an example of what consumers can use.
“The first year of the MyEnergi Lifestyle program showed us homeowners can save money and reduce their carbon footprint by adopting certain energy usage habits,” said Mike Tinskey, Ford global director of vehicle electrification and infrastructure. “We’re excited about advancing the program further to include battery storage for even smarter energy consumption.”
2013 MyEnergi Lifestyle winners – where they are now
For Susan Berry and her family, the last six months have been almost too good to be true. Berry, of Southern California, won her place in the MyEnergi Lifestyle program during a Katie Couric Show Mother’s Day special. The show surprised Berry, who was in the studio audience, with a MyEnergi Lifestyle home retrofit that included energy-efficient appliances, solar panels and a Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid vehicle.
Simultaneously, Ford and the MyEnergi Lifestyle collaboration launched a nationwide contest for another lucky family to receive a MyEnergi Lifestyle home retrofit. The winners were Ben and Lindsay Sattler of Colorado. Their home was retrofitted in December, and the Sattlers turned in the keys to their Toyota Corolla in favor of a fuel-efficient Ford C-MAX Energi.
The MyEnergi Lifestyle model predicted 60 percent savings in monthly energy bills and 55 percent savings in CO2 emissions. The families have already begun to see savings. Examples of efficiencies include:
Samsung se asocia con BMW, Trek Bikes, Kidrobot y 3D Systems #CES2014
Lamborghini Veneno Roadster with High Performance Audio by Monster #CES2014
You may also like
05 MarComunicados de Prensa
• Hyundai reafirma el compromiso que mantiene por ofrecer la mejor atención a sus ...
30 JunComunicados de Prensa
Los tres pilotos de Volkswagen lideran la clasificación del WRC 30 podios en 20 Rallies ...